Saturday 7 July 2007

Journey delayed

Have a guess what has happened?

I went for scan on Friday for the go ahead to start stimming and was told I have a cyst so have to take the pill for 3 weeks. So at the the moment, my journey as halted. It appears those strange ovaries pain I experienced two weeks ago was due to cyst - but how was I suppose to know?

I am so annoyed and disappointed, I had every thing planned (*@?). In addition to this, there appeared to be a huge miscommunication about my treatment,plan which has to be reviewed, before I start again. Also my clinic wants be to have more tests before I get the go ahead to start again. (If my treatment plan changes I may have to change my medication and throw away my Menopur).

How difficult can things be! How many more obstacles can be thrown our way! Why isnt my life normal and simple!

At the moment, I am two minds about this treatment and I am not sure if I have enough gumption to continue this journey, Also because of my advanced maternal age, the new consultant is suggesting we do PGS, (approx an additional 2K plus tests ie £700).

To reduce my stress level, I am going to be an Ostrich and bury my head in the sand and at the moment focus on popping those pills to get rid of the cyst.

Looks like I may have to delay my blogging until August/September but you know what, I am not going to plan anything I am going to go with the flow. I am not sure if this is a good thing or not but in the coming weeks all will be revealed. During the cyst destruction process, I may post from time to time about my non eventful life.

3 comments:

AshPash said...

Oh, man, that stinks! Our first IVF was cancelled b/c I ovulated on Lupron and the 2nd cycle was postponed by another week due to a cyst. We now have embryos on board and will wait the ten days for a blood test. I hope you get back on track sooner rather than later.

Portia P said...

I'm so sorry you have to delay.

Don't throw away the Menopur. You may need it in the future or could pass it on - so long as it's in its sell-by date!

Good luck with the cyst. Keep blogging - it's a good chance to vent when you're feeling blue. Don't have to be in treatment.

Good luck xx

linda said...

My last cycle was delayed over a month and a half due to a cyst. They put me on lupron for 8 weeks total. Sheer hell.

Well we started out with 12 antrals and by the time we were three days from retrieval, we'd lost 5 follicles. It was then that friends told me that sometimes your ovaries can go to sleep if you're on BCP or lupron for too long.

I hope this isn't too assvicey but you might want to talk to your doctor about the pros/cons of just starting the cycle anew? I know it's so frustrating to always be "waiting" for a cycle to get going...hopefully your delay is a short one.