Tuesday 17 July 2007

Week 1 of cyst eradication program

Hi Cyberspace,

Since I last posted nothing much exciting as happened in my life. I went away for a few days to the Lake District for some peace and tranquility without DH because I wanted to get my head together. I love the lakes so I suppose it was the most neutral place I know. It was a relaxing, rainy break and in a way I recharged my batteries. http://www.visitcumbria.com/amb/winderm.htm.
If you have never been you should go and buy loads of Kendal mint cake.

I am not sure if my head is together yet, because I forgot to start the pill on the correct day. I am not sure how this happened but it did. Maybe it was the shock of my cycle being cancelled plunged me into selective hearing mode. Another lapse, in the last week I have managed to missed two pills (one day) I am not sure how but I sure did manage to. I haven't told my clinic yet but will call them of day 21 (actually day 19) to ask and what should I do.

I am still sad that I wasn't able to start my treatment because I was go geared up and had everything planned down to a T. I suppose for what ever reason I wasn't suppose to start. With this cyst delayment, my big concern is each month I delay my treatment my eggs are dwindling into the ether. In view of all this pavalar I am in garden fence mode at the moment. I am not sure if I will blow the money on a car (second hand ) or try again. (I suppose this is my defence mechanism kicking in just in cause I fail my clinics test) but then on the way home, I saw a picture of Jo Brand (Uk comedian) and realised she had her kids late, first one at 43, so there is hope for me. I hope and I saw a small glimmer of hope.

A cyber mate of mine is cycling at the moment and I am so pleased for her, if I didn't have this cyst we would of been cycle buddies, with EC one day a part. Anyway I am supporting her and really hope this is a positive cycle for her and everyone else going through the IVF trauma.

For everyone out there I hope your dreams come true.

4 comments:

AshPash said...

Thanks for checking in at my blog! I also had a cyst that slowed downt this cycle but we waited and it collapsed after one week. Please check in again as I peed on a stick today and I swear that's a line I see. I am seeking expert opinions from my blog buddies. I am freaking out! Hope that cyst resolves quickly.

AshPash said...

The beta is back! I wear contacts but that line just looked too good to be true!!! :)

Egged Out said...

Sorry to hear about your cyst. I had (have) a cyst which delayed my medicated IUI cycle by 2 months. They did not put me on bcp and it hasn't gone away but the doctor let me start anyone since it wasn't producing estrogen. This cycle, I produced 5 follicles in one ovary and nothing in the other. I hope yours goes all the way away - I wish my had because I still worry about it a bit. good luck.

Princesses in Muddy Puddles said...

I hope a few weeks on the pill results in your cyst eradication! What a nuisance for you.