Wednesday 22 August 2007

Should I stay or should I go?

At the moment I am in two minds to cancel my impeding cycle. From my last appointment, my results were FSH 5.5 and AMH 6.8 (My DH had taken notes during the meeting). On reading these figures I thought my results were OK for a 42 year old and didn't warrant a 1 to 2% chance but after searching various fertility BB'S I am of the opinion the odds are really stacked against us.

My DH really wants us to try again and isn't really into Donor eggs. One moment I am relative OK thinking if this cycle doesn't work then plan B Donor eggs but then I am not sure. More importantly I need to do this cycle for closure. I want to reclaim from life back from IVF. My entire life has been put on hold for the last 4+ years and I want the old me back. Happy, warm hearted, crazy, fun and loving.

I wish I could turn the clocks back, if only I was 10 years older. I know there would of been no guarantees but at least my odds would have been better.

I suppose in writing this down I have convinced myself that I need to do this and in a way I am sort of prepared to do the cycle. (I have already have the majority of my medication). So in it looks like I will have accept my fate, for my peace of mind and to ensure I have no regrets in the future I think I will stay on the rollercoaster and just go with the flow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well there is no looking back now- regardless of the outcome, you will always be able to say that you gave this your best shot. Its just like you wrote- there will be no regrets. I am wishing you much luck :)

Jo said...

As an "old" person, I too had to try again. 3 times so far in the last year. I am 44. I did fine as far as production and even had 3 blast to transfer. i think if i do one more hail marry, I would have to go for all the 3 day I have : )
Best of luck to you!! YAY ADVANCED MATERNAL AGE PEEPS!!