Sunday 2 September 2007

Back in the game

Hi


On Friday I went to my clinic for baseline scan/go ahead to start treatment. Good news, my evil cyst had been eradicated, (whoppee after 8 weeks) so I was given go head to start the Short Protocol today. (First injection tonight not looking forward to it).


On Friday at 4.30pm my clinic informed me that I would have to source the Cetrotide because they don't stock it! So I spent my entire Saturday phoning up half the pharmacy's in London. Good news I did finally manage to locate it all for the princely sum of £255 for 7 syringes and 2hrs traveling. So much for the planned Zen like relaxation on Saturday but me worrying I couldnt source the meds. Hopefully it will be for a good cause!


I not sure how I feel about starting, on one hand I am relatively happy that I will be starting our final treatment and we will know the outcome by end of Sept. On the other hand I wish I could postpone our treatment because then I wouldn't know the truth and I could still enjoy my daydreams (IE when we have children). On a positive note "this life on hold state of limbo" will be put to bed once and for all. The only problem I have with closure is, when we started this TTC I forgot what my real life was about. Looks like after this treatment I will have to reinvent myself and get back on track with enjoying my life. (Maybe a new career looms, who knows what the future holds, so I suppose I will go with the flow).


For everyone cycling at the moment pure postive vibes I hope our dreams come true.

3 comments:

Portia P said...

Good news indeed!

In case it helps, I buy my drugs for about half the price clinics and pharmacies charge, from a company in Yorkshire.

I send the prescription, pay over the phone and they deliver the next day. If you have a couple of days notice they're great.

Good luck with your cycle - you sound so positive x

Unknown said...

I'm glad your cyst has disappeared :) Best of luck to you!!

Egged Out said...

I'm glad the cyst is gone! Good luck this cycle. I know what you mean (in your previous post) about 41 or 42 - it's on the cusp of possibility so you have to give it a try. I hope this cycle brings you out of limbo! Take care,