Wednesday 12 September 2007

It was the night before..........

I am totally confused regarding what day in my cycle I am at as my brain has gone wozzy, I think it is day 11.

So far, I have stimmed for 9 days and at my last scan on Monday I had 7 follies. I am a bit disappointed at this cycle and wanted to stim for longer for three reasons:

1) I still have 12 vials of Menopur left. last time I stimmed for 11 days

2) I had hoped with my Elite ovaries to replicate the number of eggs retrieved at my last attempt. I really wanted to prove my Consultant wrong. He is of the opinion that becuase I am 4 months older I will fare worse. I did ask if I was to stim for one more day would this help but Mr Consultant thought one ovary had gone to sleep so there was no point. Not being an expert I had to listen to his advice and go with the flow.

3) With us having ICSI the more eggs I have increases our fertilisation rate.

I took my trigger shot last night and in less than 13 hrs I will be having egg collection. I am feeling a bit nervy and anxious and can definitely feel my heart racing. In comparison to DH he is so relaxed considering he will be having a PESA at 7.00am. (in less than 10 hrs). At the moment he is watching football and taking it all in his stride. I do wish I was of the same temperament,why am I a stress cadet?

Anyway I am off to try to destress myself so I am going to have a long soak in the bath and listen to my relaxation hypnotherapy CD.

I do hope, I get some eggs that fertilise....

No comments: