Saturday 8 September 2007

Second scan

Friday was day 6 of stimming, so far I have approx 7 follies in total, 5 on the left ovary (of varying size, tiny, small, med and large !) and 2 on the right. I am not sure if the uniformity of sizes is down to me being on Short Protocol or my age. The nurse tried to reassure me and said every cycle is different and I should not compare this cycle with the last. Anyway I disagree and think it is change of Protocol

After seeing my scan results the Consultant suggested depending on my E2 levels results I may have to change appointment ie a scan on Sunday and earlier EC. That would definitely of scuppered mine and DH plans. Anyway lucky for me my E2 levels were ok so I am to continue with my dosage and final scan as normal on Monday.

Friday night, I completely balled up my Cetrotide injection not sure what I did but managed to get so much air in the syringe which I couldnt get out. In the end I decided to throw it away rather than injecting half a dose or loads of air. So now I have to remember to get a prescription to buy another. I suppose you are thinking why didn't DH do the injections, well he was being arsy! I confess I am being a little fickle but my DH is driving me completely mad. After I wrote those lovely lovey dovey things about him what did he do but wind me up@?@!%&. Anyway we have called a truce and Kofi Anan is to be peace keeper.

My next scan is Monday, so hopefully I will get go ahead for next stage. This time I am trying to manage my expectation and I am taking everything one step at a time. I hope to stay grounded I cant influence things so I better go with the flow but on the other hand do hope lady luck will shine on me.

Anyway this weekend, I am taking it easy I am in egg growing mode, so drinking loads of water, and getting loads of rest,

Have a good weekend everyone.

No comments: