Wednesday 5 September 2007

First scan

Hi,

So far my injecting is going reasonable well. At my last cycle in Feb I do recall feeling resentful that DH wasn't really involved, and it was all down to me. This time DH is doing the injections (he is a dab hand at doing the Menopur) and getting involved so it means the two of us are having a bit of a laugh. (Well DH is, he is laughing at me for being a bit squeamish, he is a bit evil with the needle. I really wonder what our neighbours are thinking when they hear my screams and laughter at around 8pm).

In hindsight, I don't think we were ready to cycle a few months ago, that's why the evil cyst appeared. To much had happened in our life's and in retrospect we were just going with the flow, trying to keep our head above water. Also the time out on our various short holidays really recharged our batteries. More importantly prior to this treatment we were really able to discuss how much the IF and ttc was affecting our life. So I suppose in retrospect this cycle has allowed me to discharge some negativity feeling I had regarding DH and our situation. Regardless what happens in the next month, I really love my DH.

If I had to choose one of the following:

A) A baby with someone else

B) DH and no baby

I would 1000% choose option B.

No doubt you guys don't want to hear me rambling on, so I will move on to my clinic results.

Spent 2hr at my clinic today, ie first scan and blood test, at the moment a few small follies on one ovary and two on the other. I asked my Consultant is this good, and he said everything things appears OK, we have to see how much they grow in the coming days.

So that's it at the moment everything is growing so I will have to wait and see. On a positive note, I am still in the game. So I will go back to growing follies. Because I feel like a condemned hen, this is my last shot I am taking Solgar Whey Protein to boost eggs. Is any one else taking it?

Only one negativity post taking my Cetrotide I am having some serious hot flushes.

I hope everyone journey is going well.

No comments: