Tuesday 18 September 2007

Up and Running

Can you believe it, of all the time for our broadband Router to die, is whilst I am at the most critical part of my treatment. Anyway now it is sorted out so I am back blogging.......

Friday 14th
They managed to fertilise 5 eggs. Of the other 3, 2 were immature and 1 damaged, (alarm bells old eggs). I was relative happy with this because had somehow managed to produce more eggs than last time and stimmed for 2 days less. I do wonder if this was due to the weekly Acupuncture I have been having since April or did the supplements as recommended by "The Infertility Cure Radine Lewis" which I had been taking contributed in any manner??

Saturday 15th
The Embryologist called and said four of the "Famous Five! were progressing but one they think had an abnormal growth spur to 7 cells, so this one is being ignored. Also, confirmed we were set for ET on Sunday. After that call I was so happy because we were so much further down the road than last time. I know it sounds sad, but I was so excited we had come this far and will add did shed a tear.

Sunday 16th
The best three out of the four were Assisted Hatching. If our one remaining embryo manages to get to blast stage hopefully we may have a frosty. (my clinic only freezes blasts).

I wasn't able to see Tom, Dick and Harry before they were transferred to me for safe keeping because the screen was not working nor did I get a printout of them as tiny white specks.

ET wasn't quite the relaxed process it should of been. (I will tell this story at a later date but now I need to have a PMA). After my ET, I was made to lie on the bed for 20 mins, I know it sounds strange and I can't really explain this properly but I will try. When I was resting I felt like finally my embryos were in the rightful place, they had come home. It was like an invisible comfort blanket was surrounding me and I had such a feeling of well being and peacefulness. I felt emotional, maybe it was because for us this was the final chapter, we had been waiting since March for this to happen, it felt like everything had come to together.

I had Acupuncture before and after ET which I really needed due to the fact my clinic was running horribly late (only 2hrs disgraceful). So I guess the wait made me a little anxious. Whilst waiting for my ET I spent 1.5 hrs emptying my bladder and refilling it. To make matters worse because I was 1 hour late for my post ET transfer Acupuncture session and I was charged for the hour my Acupuncturist had to wait at time and a half. (I suppose I should cross charge this to my clinic).


Finally we got home and I was able to rest, so I watched loads of trashy DVD. DH did everything it was great, I love a man in the kitchen, it really turns me on...

So far
I have done nothing at all, watched TV and surfed the net trying to find out when Tom. Dick and Harry are going to implant. (From what I read, suggestions are anytime from, day 5 to 8 so it should be anytime from now to Friday).

Now I am at the end of day 2 of my 2WW, I have been having loads of strange twinges and pain since my ET which I hope is my Ovaries shrinking back to size and not Tom, Dick and Harry leaving home. Also, I have I just remembered this is going to be the hard bit, the waiting game where I will worry about every single twinge.

I am trying to have a positive hat on but I know our odds are low and I just hope Lady luck shines on us. It is possible I have read a few positive stories of Oldies (on a Fertility BB) who had children at 42/43 after IVF and using own eggs,

After the ET I said to DH its all over now, there is nothing we can do to assist this process, it is all in the hands of God. So I guess we will have to adopt and wait a see attitude. If its meant to happen, it will but if it isn't it will not. (I know these are brave words being said at the moment but I need to be realistic to save myself any anguish).

So I have everything crossed at the moment.

No comments: