Sunday 17 June 2007

The IVF Planner

During the last 3 weeks, my life has been hectic, things have been a bit busy once again almost had our journey cancelled but we think at the moment we have got it back on track.

The grand plan is looking something like this (but is subject to change)

  • Start taking B/C pills in only 3 days!
  • A week later start downregging (bring on the menopause)
  • Baseline scan (Clinic to provide key to the henhouse)
  • Then into the hen house for just over a week to grow my eggs (hates needles)
  • Egg collection mid July etc, etc (hates hospitals)
  • Test early Aug

I suppose I should really be taking one day at a time but I thought it would been nice to see the big picture.

I did mention in my other posts that my waist line had been increasing slightly, to which I thought may actually be a kidlet in there, and I had experienced a slight nausea off and on. Well, today I thought I better quell those ideas and daydreams and went on a brought a POAS. The result of my pre ICSI POAS was BFN (not having a kidlet). For me that brought closure on that fantasy and I do have to take and inject all those fertility drugs. My fantasy gave me a warm feeling whilst it lasted but only in a parrallel universe. So beam me down Scotty ...................................................................

I am now in the land of reality again. In my next update I will mention what I am doing differently in this cycle which I hope may contribute to a BFP and a child in the next 10 months.

Today is day -3 before my second and final attempt at being a mother starts. Sugar, it does feel so final at the moment..

I really do want to join that exclusive Mothers Club any enjoy all the joys and benefits being a mother brings. Well we will see what Lady Luck has in store for me.

1 comment:

Steel Magnolia said...

Sister, I hear you loud and clear. I'm 40 and on my third cycle. Just had a chit chat with my therapist about what to do if the Preg Test is a BFN this time too. It seems self care can only be planned so far.... I'll send a little tirade into the universe on your behalf as well as mine instead of hopes this time!